Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just a jumble of things

I have a huge number of plants in my office, they are taking over. I wonder if I should ask for a bigger office or ask for an extra one to use as a greenhouse. My Christmas cactus bloomed spectacularly again this year. Unfortunately, I think it was probably at its best during the Thanksgiving breakMy poinsettia was looking pretty bleak & was obviously not going to turn red in time for Christmas, so I gave it a bit of a trim. I have had this plant for at least 5 or 6 years & every time I cut it back, it immediately starts leafing out again. I have cut it back so often that I think it's more like a bonsai than anything else now. For some reason, I love it when it's at this stage
Ben & Maggie helped me get the Christmas stuff out last weekend. They were very excited about it all.
Here they are, helping me with everything-yes, they are actually in this picture. Can you guess where they are?
Ben helped Maggie make snowmen out of marshmallows and Halloween candy after school one evening. He really does come up with some interesting art projects.
Both Ben & Maggie had good weeks at school. Ben got his H1N1 shot on Friday. I don't think it was too traumatic for him. He said that he & Lily walked down to the cafeteria hand in hand, I'm sure that made his day!!!!

No comments: