Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Walk to Madrid


SLU is doing the Walk to Madrid program again this Summer. They have changed it a little bit & now you have to have teams of 8 members and the program will run over 8 weeks. Last year, we had 8 members, but the teams could be any size. We decided to do it again and we have some different people on the team. Last Summer, they had way more interest in the program than they had expected and we walked to Madrid earlier than planned-the goal was that the walkers would collectively walk to Madrid by the end of the 12 week program. Our team did pretty well and we were 24th out of a total of 95 teams. This year, there are 120 teams and the goal is that each team will walk to Madrid by the end of the program. They have incentives where you can double your steps, so I bet we will make it.


I kept a record of my steps since I started the program last year and I had taken 5,803,447 steps, which converts to 2,901 miles, so I walked quite a way in the past year, almost home....

No comments: