Ben was ready to go
Sam was warming up doing squats with Maggie on his shoulders!!!!
Sam ran on his own, but Ben, Maggie and I ran together most of the way. Ben has brilliant running form, but then he's trained to run right in gymnastics. They spend a long time optimizing their running form for the vault. As a result, even though he says he hates running and rarely runs, his form is spectacular. He keeps his body perfectly steady and moves his arms enough to propel him along. All his energy is going into his legs and so he just runs along barely breathing deeply and runs back and forth while I am almost dying!!! Maggie is completely the opposite and her form is very bad. Her breathing was awful and we had to stop and walk several times as I was worried she was going to keel over!! At the end of the race, she just lay on the floor and would not get up-poor Maggie. I really need to take her out running with me a lot more often.Ben was very happy to get his medal, and his banana, and his bar of chocolate, and his chocolate milk.....
Sam doesn't even look like he's run at all!!!!
Sam had Maggie squatting to try to help her legs....
We can still summon a smile.....
6 comments:
Hi Jane!!!
It's me Tee or t (stilllooking) Yes, still We are alive (survivors) yes there was some light that found it's way to the crack. I swung by my long abandoned blog, and stopped over to say hello~
I am glad to see you are still up and running and with 3 blogs!!!! Wow girl, how do you do it?
On september 11 2013 I started y one paleo-ish lifestyle and was working out consistently. Forgot who I was for a long time (an athlete and runner) and although 5 surgeries last year (4 knee and 1 foot) will probably never see me running again, I am determined to find some remnant of my old shape
:-)
I am posting here rather than your paleo page so you remember who I am. But I would be particularly interested in those sweetie pie potato biscuits if you can elaborate on the recipe ;-)
I hope all is well with you, and I want to thank you for your kindness through the most horrid pain we ever knew! Blessings, Tee
whoops meant to say " I started My own paleo-ish lifestyle" why does that dastardly auto correct change the right words, and not correct my typos? :-D
Hi Jane!!!
It's me Tee or t (stilllooking) Yes, still We are alive (survivors) yes there was some light that found it's way to the crack. I swung by my long abandoned blog, and stopped over to say hello~
I am glad to see you are still up and running and with 3 blogs!!!! Wow girl, how do you do it?
On september 11 2013 I started y one paleo-ish lifestyle and was working out consistently. Forgot who I was for a long time (an athlete and runner) and although 5 surgeries last year (4 knee and 1 foot) will probably never see me running again, I am determined to find some remnant of my old shape
:-)
I am posting here rather than your paleo page so you remember who I am. But I would be particularly interested in those sweetie pie potato biscuits if you can elaborate on the recipe ;-)
I hope all is well with you, and I want to thank you for your kindness through the most horrid pain we ever knew! Blessings, Tee
3 large or 4 small yellow plantains, about 2-2.5 pounds before peeling *
1/3 cup egg whites (about 2 eggs worth)
3 tablespoons lard or coconut oil, melted (I highly recommend lard if you have it!)
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat your oven to 350.
Peel and chop your plantains and place in a food processor.
Puree until somewhat pureed, and then add the melted lard, egg whites, salt and lime juice.
Puree until smooth.
Drop about 2 tablespoons at a time onto a baking sheet lined with a lightly greased sheet of parchment paper, 4 per standard baking sheet (spaced as shown above)
Smooth into a circle with the bottom of a ladle, getting as thin as possible, switching to wet fingers once the ladle stops being efficient.
Bake for 15 minutes, until dry to the touch, and just starting to brown on the edges.
Hi Jane!
Sorry about the double (triple) post don't know how a 3rd one appeared after the 2nd clarifying one, how strange.
Thank you for the recipe. So there is no sweet potato in the sweet potato biscuits? Wow I am impressed. I also would have thought that the plantains were higher glycemic that the sweets!
I am just getting over pneumonia this week, and out of the gym the last week. But when my health gets better, I will seriously try to update.
Be well!
t
Good grief-wrong recipe and you were too nice to point that out!! Try this....
Ingredients
1 large sweet potato or yam (equivalent to 2 cups mashed)
3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
3 eggs, whisked
6-8 strips of bacon, diced
leftover rendered fat from bacon
3-4 tablespoons chives, thinly diced
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
Poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork.
Place in oven and bake for 30-40 or until soft.
Once the sweet potato is done baking, turn oven down to 375 degrees.
When your sweet potato is almost done cooking, place your diced bacon into a skillet and brown until crispy. Then place your cooked, crispy bacon on a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up the excess fat. The fat that is left behind in the pan, you will use in your biscuits.
When your sweet potato is done, peel and place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
Then add in your eggs and mix well with your sweet potato. Then add your in your bacon fat and mix well.
Then your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
Finally add your diced cooked bacon and chives. Mix thoroughly
Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a large spoon to drop your biscuits on the sheet, shaping them as needed. Try to make them all equal in size so they cook the same.
Place in oven and bake for 22-27 minutes.
Post a Comment