Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

It's been a long time since Halloween has been rained out, but 2013 had the potential to be the year.  It rained all day and turned into really hard rain at dinner time.  The kids hung around waiting for the rain to clear, Maggie even fell asleep on her bed and I was convinced Halloween was not going to happen this year.  Luckily, the rain cleared off a little bit and so I got the kids ready to go trick-or-treating.  Maggie wanted to be a vampire and wear Ben's cloak from last year.  I painted her face so she looked a little more like the undead.  She was so excited to get her face painted.  She looked great
Ben was a pharaoh this year, it was a really impressive costume.  He wanted his eyes painted.  It made him look way too pretty!!!!!  I told him he looked a little like Rodrick in Diary of a Wimpy kid!!!!!
Ben wanted Maggie to pretend she was flying while he took a picture.  Sometimes they are so funny together
We decided to go over to Jan and Julie's to go trick-or-treating.  They have a huge number of kids that live around them now and a lot of people had their houses decorated.  It turned out to be a very successful trip and Sam thinks we should make it our new routine for a while.  Jan got to hand out candy this year, one of the perks of being retired and at home on Halloween.

No comments: