Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas tree cutting 2013

One of our yearly rituals is to cut our Christmas tree with Molly and Tim each since.  We have been going on Thanksgiving weekend every year since Megan went to college in Nebraska.  The weather was so much nicer than we thought it was going to be, we were very lucky.  We went to Pea Ridge, we've been going there every year for a while.
Ben immediately chose this tree to cut down.....
but then I thought we should get this one because it wasn't as dense.
The kids wanted to take their picture with bunny ears, so I told them they could as long as I got a good one later.....
and here it is.....
Another tree-cutting ritual is getting kettle corn!!!!
A rare picture of Sam and Ben together
Ben is getting so tall, he's catching up with me, but he's standing on his toes here!!!!
We got the tree up immediately (of course).  Turns out that we should have gone with Ben's choice of tree because the one I picked has a trunk like a Curly Wurly.  Sam had to cut a couple of feet off the bottom because we could not get it in the stand and have it being straight.  Even with a chunk cut off the bottom, the tree stand is still at its maximum capacity at keeping it upright!!!!
The kids get so excited about putting the tree up, but by the time we get the lights and some of the ornaments on, they run out of steam and I end up doing it!!!

No comments: