Ben turned 13 this week, I cannot believe he is a teenager already. The time has gone by so fast and yet we have done so much together over the past years. I took him to the doctor for his growth check up today and he is now 98 lbs and 5 ft 1.2 inches tall-he's less than 3 inches shorter than me!!!! They decided to measure his IGF levels this time. They haven't done it since he started on growth hormone, almost 6 years ago. My first thought was "why on earth did they have to do choose this day, it's his birthday for crying out loud..."
Poor Ben, we had to wait for quite a while and every other child that went in the blood drawing room was screaming. The lady that drew his blood was horrible, she almost missed the vein and managed to blow it out, no wonder the other kids were screaming. I think his face says it all.....
There is one of the St. Louis 250 cakes at Cardinal Glennon, so I made Ben stand by it while I took a photo. He was still refusing to bend his arm at this point!!!!
We celebrated Ben's birthday by going to eat at Mi Linh. We took the usual friends-Jan and Julie, Arline and Caroline. Jan and Julie bought Ben these stick on eyes and they had fun sticking them on everything.
They also bought him this fantastic gymnastics sweatshirt, I'm thinking it might be big enough for me to wear too, so I may have to snag it!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment