Saturday, June 10, 2017

Now, that's how to do a 5K!!!!!

This is the first year I have done the Komen Race for a Cure.  I am usually out of town, but had told Ratna last year that I would do it with her in 2017.  Ratna doesn't run, but was willing to walk it with me.  I had no idea walking one of these could be so much fun.  We just talked the whole way round.  There was a huge number of people walking, so we didn't feel out of place at all.
SLU had a team and so we were able to get a shuttle from the SLU garage to the start of the race, which was huge because we didn't have to pay to park and fight the traffic to get downtown.
I got a rare picture of the hard-core runners at the start (usually I'm waiting somewhere at the back of this pack)
Selfie before the start!!!!
Here they go.....
SLU had these balloon arches over the road by the parking garage, so cool!!!!
We found the Billiken!!!!
And, we were done in about 1 hour and 15 mins.  Not bad for hanging out for photos, going into the arena and strolling along......

No comments: