Friday, October 26, 2018

Ben's latest injury

Ben was doing kids' night out at the gym on the 13th and he called me right before I went to bed to tell me that he rolled his ankle jumping off the ramp chasing the kids.  I went to pick him up and his ankle was HUGE!!!!!  Luckily, I got him in to the Urgent Care center 5 minutes before they closed.  They took some Xrays and said they thought it wasn't broken, just a bad sprain, but now he has a walking boot and crutches.
After a week, it was still swollen, so I asked one of my friends at SLU if someone could take a look at it.  Of course, as soon as I did this, he started to get a bit better.
He still wasn't putting any weight on it before we went to the doctor, but as soon as they confirmed that it wasn't broken, he took the car out and went walking.  Ever since then he's been walking on his foot without the boot on as if nothing ever happened.  Honestly, I think he just needed an orthopedic surgeon to tell him he was OK!!!!

No comments: