Thursday, December 17, 2009
Ben's pottery class
Ben did a kids potter's wheel class at one of the local potteries. It was a 6 week class, but we missed a week because of Thanksgiving. We picked up his final pieces yesterday, mainly because he wanted to give on to his teacher for Christmas. Unfortunately, one of them must have broken during firing-it had broken in class & he had repaired it, but obviously not well enough. I can tell that he went for quantity, not quality, this time. He needs to work on making the sides and bottoms thinner. He loved this class and is going back to do another in January. It is a great thing for him to do & something he's willing to stick at. I'm surprised because they have to do a lot of cleaning up at the end!!!! He insists that Santa is bringing him a potter's wheel for Christmas, hopefully he won't be too disappointed next week....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are too cool! I need to get my kids into more creative activities. I have no artistic abilities so I kinda forget to do that stuff with the kiddos.
I think they're not bad for a first attempt, but I may be biased as I'm a big Ben fan
Post a Comment