There has been a lot in the nutrition news about how many calories people are getting from drinks these days. I am painfully aware of this since I'm one of the culprits with my coffee drinking. I am trying to cut down, but it's a tough fight. When we were in the car yesterday, Ben started asking me questions about what the teachers drink at school-fueled by the fact that he got a soda in Sam's Club yesterday
Ben: Why do the teachers sip on huge drinks all day long?
Me: Well, some people go to the gas station every day & get something to drink. Then they make it last all day
Ben: Well, why is it OK for the teachers to do that and not the kids
Me: Good question, Ben
Ben: Why don't the teachers ever drink out of the water fountains? No-one pouts their mouth on it, the water just comes out.
Me: Well, I don't think that everyone is like you and doesn't put their mouth on it
Ben: Ms Heckenkamp (his teacher, his hero) just drinks water all day
Me: Well, she is doing the right thing by drinking water
Ben: Why does Ms Bergmann drink coffee all day. Every time I see her she's drinking Starbucks. It is every day
Me: Well, I drink coffee every day
Ben: No you don't. Not like she does
Me: Unfortunately, I do. Where do you think we are going now?
Car turns into Starbucks drive through.......
No comments:
Post a Comment