Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Walking to lose weight-the big lie?
SLU started a walking program this Summer. I got a team together & we started keeping track of the number of steps we did each week. I thought this would be a great incentive to get me to walk more & I was hoping I'd lose weight in the process. We started a month ago and I resisted weighing myself until 4 weeks had gone by. In the past 4 week, I have used every opportunity to walk, have walked over 390,000 steps (about 190 miles) and I was hoping for great things. I got on the scale this morning & I have GAINED 1 lb over what I was at the start. I am inclined to sit at my desk all day and eat Ted Drewes ice cream!!!! I'm trying to convince myself that the extra pound is due to all the muscle that I have built up on my legs!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did the same thing...only I started in January... LOL
Or did you gain some muscle and that adds weight, give it some time.
Post a Comment