Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ben's new toy!!!

Ben has been wanting a phone for ages. We have been telling him that he doesn't need one. Of course, we are battling the fact that several of his friends have phones, iphones and ipads, etc. Ben says there is even a boy in kindergarten that has a phone!!!
Well, there have been some times in the past year when it would have been useful to get a hold of him and so we had considered it. I told him that if he did well in Summer School that we would think about it. So, for the past 5 weeks he has been obsessing about his report and getting a phone.
Well, his Summer School report was the best he has ever had. He scored "Developing" (which means he is meeting grade level expectations) on almost every criterion and they had checked "Progress Evident" for everything. The written report was so glowing that I could hardly believe it was written about Ben!!!!
In the face of that evidence, we couldn't say no to him getting a phone, so Sam took him to look at them yesterday morning. Fortunately for Ben, it was cheaper to add him to our phone plan and so now he has unlimited calls & texting. He is so excited about it. I can't help wondering how long it will be before it's lost or taken away from him, but I'll hope for the best!!!!
I told him "doesn't it feel good to get such a great report and know you can do it if you try?" He said "yes, can I get a phone?"

No comments: