We went to Pea Ridge with Molly, Tim and Anne yesterday. This is our annual trip with them to cut our Christmas trees and it really wouldn't be the Christmas season if we didn't go. It was absolutely beautiful this year, probably the best year we have gone. It was around 60 and sunny, plus the ground was not too wet. I think the rest of the St Louis area had agreed with us that this was probably going to be the best day in December to cut a tree, because the place was absolutely packed!!!!
On top of all the other pluses, the trees were very good this year, there were loads to choose from and I think we got a good tree again this year. This is the one we chose.....
Of course, I have to take pictures on Ben and Maggie by "our tree" in the field!!!
Maggie helped Sam cut the tree, Ben just ran off to find Anne....
who was holding a bunch of greenery for decoration. It used to take Molly ages to find a tree but the last 2 or 3 years, they have found one before we have. Wonder what that says about my decision making abilities!!!!
Ben and his best friend Anne were having a pensive moment of the tractor going back
They had to sit with Santa, of course. Maggie told Santa that she wants to go to another planet for Christmas, guess I'd better call NASA and see what's going on.....
This is the finished result. We are very happy with the tree, it fits in our room perfectly. I love getting the ornaments out and putting them on the tree, there are always so many memories attached to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment