Monday, June 25, 2012

Day Trip to Clarksville

Jan and Julie decided a while ago that we should stop swapping gifts at Christmas and Birthdays. I can see their point. Every time I walk into their house, I can see things dotted around that we have bought them over the years and we really have run out of ideas. They decided that we should go on a day out for my birthday this year, and we went up to Clarksville on Saturday. We stopped at a great nursery along the way and bought some native plants, now I've got to find space in the garden to plant them!!! The best thing about them was the price, it's amazing how much cheaper they are than here in the City. We had lunch at Overlook Farm.  They have a lot of locally grown produce and lunch was very nice.  They had a wonderful arbour with wisteria growing on it that provided perfect shade for sitting outside-now I really want one at home!!!!

After lunch, we drove up to Louisiana and looked around the pewter foundry there and then we walked around the stores in Clarksville, they have some very interesting and talented people set up there.  It was a great day out....

No comments: