Friday, January 18, 2013

Meet Me in St Louis 2013

The big gymnastics meet of the year was last weekend. Ben won first place in every event and overall. Unfortunately, as the boys get older, they tend to drop out and the SLGC team is the only one that has level 6 boys.  That means that he is competing against his team mates, but no others.  I can see why they lose enthusiasm when they have no competition.  Still, he looked very happy at the start of it.
They started with pommel as the first event.  I think it's Ben's strongest event, maybe because he always does well with it and so many other boys don't do well. 
This is a great picture of him on the rings-look at those arm muscles.  He is so strong these days
My new camera has a sports mode where it takes a succession of pictures.  I got some great ones of him doing his floor exercise, although they are a little blurred with the speed he's traveling at!!!!
He definitely looks like he's enjoying himself!!!
Oh look, he knows he won everything-SMUG!!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant Ben - keep it up