Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Hudson Team do Girls on the Run 2013

The day finally arrived.  They have been training twice a week for 10 weeks.  There have been tears, whining and success, but nothing like the success they all achieved on THE DAY!!!!  No one should underestimate the power and excitement of 8000 runners on a perfect Spring day.  The girls all finished the course and had a great time. 
"Mummy and me" pictures Anna and Barbara, Maggie and me, Taylor and Karen. 

Everyone was so excited that the day had arrived and these girls make a great team.  They can all be so kind and supportive to each other (long may it continue!!).  Delayna (pictured with Taylor on the right) was the lead coach, she did a fantastic job with the girls and I am so happy that I didn't have to do it!)

After the race, we waited for everyone else and met at the school sign.  You can tell everyone was very happy!!  Maggie and I ran the race in 32:12, best time we have done together


No comments: