Sam was in San Diego for a week, so I got to experience life as a single parent (which I don't do very well). The kids were great and tried really hard to help me out when they could. Maggie and I got our fair share of exercise. I had to take her to the orthodontists on the day Sam left and so I took her with me to do the SLU 5K at night.
We did the Girls on the Run on the Saturday Sam was gone. We left Ben at home with Greta (and his friend Jalen who stayed overnight). After GOTR, we went to breakfast at First Watch with some of the other girls and parents.
Friday night was the school picnic. I had decided that we weren't going to go because I really didn't have time and it was the night before GOTR. However, they put me down to work at the registration table and so I decided to go for my 30 minute shift. The kids had other plans and we ended up being there for almost 3 hours!!!
Mother's Day was on the Sunday. I bought myself this azalea from Trader Joe's.
We went to Cici's for "dinner" and then went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. The only "healthy" part of it was that we walked there and back!! Ben won this ball and then wrote "Happy Mother's Day" on it!!!Eating was truly horrendous for us. I made pancakes for the kids every morning. The novelty soon wore off though and they didn't want them at all by the time Sam got back!!!
Ben did manage to eat some healthy food in amongst the other junk. He loves lettuce and celery!!!
I sent this picture to Sam to show him how desperately we needed him back!!!!!
Greta is in the middle of awards ceremonies. This one was for athletics. It took for ever and Maggie was beside herself with the whole thing. She was overtly crying by the end of it!!!! Poor Maggs
No comments:
Post a Comment