Monday, March 28, 2016

MBG March Visit

I thought there would be a difference in the gardens between February and March, but honestly I was not prepared for how huge this would be.  They now have tubs everywhere, this one was right inside the entrance-lovely
We went in the Linean house, they have moved a lot of the citrus trees in there now and they are laden with flowers
The camellias are still flowering
Some of the cacti are flowering now
Maggie was so excited that they had drained the pond and she could stand next to my favourite statue!!!!
They had a lot of daffodils flowering in the Moor garden
Maggie looks pretty pleased with herself
These are flowering already (Mum likes them, can't remember what they are though)
There are so many different kids of daffodils these days and some of them are very fancy
It has been a great Spring for the flowering trees.  There are more of them in the neighborhoods than in the gardens, but this magnolia tree is magnificent
They have huge beds of flowering daffodils
These little white ones are lovely
They had these teeny tulips in amongst the daffodils
and these lovely little blue flowers (maybe a type of bluebell)
I love these snowdrops
For Mum-look at the size of these bleeding hearts.  Surely they shouldn't be this big so early in the year?
And, here are my favourites (one of them anyway), hellebores
why are mine not like this???!!!!
Pasque flowers-may have been the best thing I saw this time-perfect
Going to see if I can get some to grow in my garden
Nice jonquils in the rock garden
Ben in the Mediterranean garden
The osteospermum are really lovely right now
Found this in the climatron-now idea what it is, but it's lovely
Ben and his hat!!!
The photo competition is heating up!!!!
Chocolate-now you're talking.....
and pineapples....
We found this little creature high up on the banana plant.  We could not tell if it was real or not (I think it is), we're going to see if it's still there next month
Little ants on the banana tree-maybe the lizard eats them!!!!

No comments: