Saturday, October 29, 2016

Parent-Teacher Conferences October 2016

This is definitely a "do you want the good news or the bad news" situation.
I have been to Ben and Maggie's Parent Teacher conferences this week.  
I was at Ben's first.  I only met with his Chemistry and Math teachers because he has been having a hard time with both of those subjects.  He's trying hard and hopefully will be able to bring his grades up as the year goes by.  No one has any major concerns about him and I will be meeting with the IEP team in November.
Sam and I both went to Maggie's meeting.  In retrospect, you'd have to say maybe it was good we were both there to share the pain.  Maggie has not had a good year so far.  We were expecting to hear concerns regarding her grades and not turning in assignments, but we had not been prepared for the defiance, disrespect and general bad behaviour reports that we got.  She has decided that she's not going to comply with anything she doesn't have interest in and won't even bring any supplies to the classroom.  Her learning resources teacher almost failed her!!!!  I wish they had told us about this before so we could keep an eye on it, maybe now we are aware, she will do better......

No comments: