Ben is doing Child Development this year and his current assignment was a project "my birth". He had a page of questions about his birth that we don't have many answers to. Sam and I had some information for him, like his birth height and weight, but not much else. It became apparent that this was very uncomfortable for him and so I went to talk to him later. He said that it doesn't bother him that he's adopted, but he just didn't want to bring all the details up at school. I think that's entirely understandable. I emailed his teacher and asked if he could do an alternative assignment. She was very understanding and just said they would give him a pass on this assignment.
It did give me an opportunity to talk to him about his adoption and I gave him our adoption book to look at. Adoption rarely comes up with the kids. They are completely open about it and their friends know. I can see why Ben didn't want to discuss in a class setting though. We are very lucky that they are both easy going and secure in our family.
1 comment:
Whenyou say you are lucky B and M are very very very locky
Post a Comment