Friday, July 26, 2019

Quick trip to Minneapolis

I did a quick two day trip to Minneapolis to attend a International Ombudsman Association training.  I had never been there before and didn't get to see too much of the City, but it was much nicer than I thought it would be.  Lots of big buildings, including outside my hotel window!!!  We were staying close to the baseball stadium, lots of rooftop restaurants around and perfect weather to eat outside
I got a chance to walk down to the river and it looks like they have a nice walking/biking trail.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to use it since it started pouring rain as soon as I got down there!!!!  I did get some nice bridge/river pictures but never made it down to the more picturesque parts
Loved the bridges though
They have some really cool old buildings.  This is the lumber exchange building that was built in 1885, one of the oldest skyscrapers and fireproof buildings in the country
There is a huge music scene in Minneapolis (who knew?!) and lots of murals on buildings
We stayed opposite the First Avenue, which was originally a Greyhound bus depot.  They have a bunch of stars on the wall with band names-first one I saw was UB40, so has to be a great spot!!!!

No comments: