Monday, June 29, 2020

Garden in June

We had a lot flower in the garden in June.  The end of June was pretty hot so we have had to water a lot, but overall it has been fine
I bought these arctic poppies in the sale at Lowe's.  there were 3 little plants in each pot, so I have 6 in total.  They were pretty sad, so I wasn't expecting too much from them this year, was just hoping that they might eke out enough existence to get a root system established for next year.  Surprisingly, this little guy flowered, which was quite exciting until someone ate him!!!!
I was very excited that my clematis flowered this year.  I had cut it back to the ground, it grew like crazy and had all these lovely flowers on it.  My other one never did anything at all.  If there's anything left of it, I might try not cutting that one back and see if anything comes of it.  If still nothing, well I don't fancy its chances long term.....
I took A LOT of pictures of my Missouri primrose, it flowered for a long time and has done really well this year.  I did pull out a lot of stuff that was growing all over it, so it got more sunlight this year
My spiderwort behind the shed doing well....
Love these swamp milkweed, although I have suspicions they are taking over at the bottom of the rain garden and they may end up crowding out my lilac, which will not be tolerated.  Be warned.....
But, the monarchs do love them, so need to tame rather than eliminate
Caroline gave me these choreopsis, I have never been able to get them to grow before, although these are also getting to be pretty invasive
My astilbe and bear's breeches on the front.  They are doing very well, and the bear's breeches bloomed for the first time this year.  They are starting to spread and their long-term outcome may be a little in jeopardy as the blooms are falling all over the place and may end up looking a little too messy
A bit of pink.  Coneflowers, which I found out this year smell of honey and really attract the bees.  Poppymallow, which is a bit hard to take care of, but look nice while they are flowering
Sam brought this foot planter back from Little Rock
Wild petunia-I love them, but they grow EVERYWHERE!!!!!

No comments: