I don't think that my joy can be truly appreciated by any other than my fellow commuters that have been finding alternative routes to work for the past 2 years. Highway 40 opened yesterday and the traffic returned immediately. I don't know why anyone would be surprised. If the other commuters were anything like me, they have been counting down the days until the highway opened again. My journey to work in the morning now takes me 12 minutes instead of 15-20 and is 9 miles instead of 12. What's not to like? I did drive home at rush hour yesterday and it got a little slow in places, but it still only took me 20 minutes to get home & that was with the traffic lights malfunctioning and an accident right in front of me at the exit ramp!!! I'm going to make the most of it for the next 3 months, at which point they are taking down the bridge on Grand which will effectively cut off my access route to H40 from work. You've just got to love St Louis roads and the men who work on them!!!Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Welcome back.....
I don't think that my joy can be truly appreciated by any other than my fellow commuters that have been finding alternative routes to work for the past 2 years. Highway 40 opened yesterday and the traffic returned immediately. I don't know why anyone would be surprised. If the other commuters were anything like me, they have been counting down the days until the highway opened again. My journey to work in the morning now takes me 12 minutes instead of 15-20 and is 9 miles instead of 12. What's not to like? I did drive home at rush hour yesterday and it got a little slow in places, but it still only took me 20 minutes to get home & that was with the traffic lights malfunctioning and an accident right in front of me at the exit ramp!!! I'm going to make the most of it for the next 3 months, at which point they are taking down the bridge on Grand which will effectively cut off my access route to H40 from work. You've just got to love St Louis roads and the men who work on them!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't even drive on 64 that often and I'm STILL excited that it's open again. I think I'm just excited that it will take traffic off of the highways I do drive. :)
Post a Comment