Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blue & Gold banquet

Way back in May 2009, we must have thought it was a good idea (or there would be no problem) to hold the scout Blue & Gold banquet on Ben's birthday this year. Since Sam & I were organizing this event, Ben's birthday definitely took a back seat this year. I spent the previous two weeks sorting out the banquet & buying everything we needed. It felt like a wedding, a huge amount of organizing, buying and stressing for a quick 1 or 2 hour event. As with weddings, everything went as planned and no-one noticed if there were any glitches. The boys are all supposed to wear all of their paraphernalia and Ben got to wear his new Webelo hat and scarf.
The theme of this year was "100 Years of Scouting". We decorated the room in blue & gold as last year
All the boys got a huge amount of achievements, but I think Ben topped them all. He had a huge envelope full of things, 6 belt loops, 10 achievement pins, 2 brag vest patches and 10 arrow heads. Now I have a lot of sewing to do!!!!

No comments: