Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pow-wow at Wash U

After everything else we did yesterday, I took the kids over to Wash U to the 20th Annual pow-wow. When I lived in St Louis before, they had these events all over the region & I had been to quite a few of them. Sadly, this is the only one left within a 100 mile radius & I really wanted the kids to see it. I was shocked by how few people were there, but maybe there were a lot more there in the afternoon. Maybe no-one really cares about them any more. I think they are great events, it's an ideal opportunity to get a glimpse at history & traditions in a way that you can't get otherwise. The kids had a great time, but they were really tired after everything else they had done earlier in the day.
They had 3 drum teams there, this one was from Arizona & most of the drummers were also participating in the dance competitions.



No comments: