Sunday, September 4, 2011

We had a huge storm come through late yesterday. Just as I was saying "wow, look at that wind", the power went out. A huge limb from the tree next door came down on the power lines at the back of us. I had just started making pizza for dinner. I had put the sauce on the base & Sam had grated the cheese. The oven was on. Everything came to a grinding halt. We waited for a couple of hours but the power didn't return, so we had to go out to dinner.  Ben was more worried about Maggie camping than anything else.  Hopefully the storm wasn't as bad where they are.
When we got home, Ben lit all the candles and we sat in the dark talking about what life would have been like back before there was electricity and all the other things we take for granted these days. It was quite soothing sitting in silence and being in the candle light.  The power came on around 3 am this morning.  Thank goodness.  I had been planning how I was going to get coffee in the morning without electricity!!!!

No comments: