I saw Ben's 4th grade teacher at school today and he told me that he immediately thought of me when he got up and saw the snow yesterday morning. I said that I had been very careful driving to work both yesterday and today. I don't think I have really thought about my accident much, but as soon as the weather got bad this Winter, I immediately started thinking about what happened last February. Luckily, I really don't ever drive on that part of the highway any more, so it's not like I am reminded about it every day.
The dangers of driving in Winter were brought home to me this morning. My friend Dayln's daughter was killed yesterday evening. She lost control of the car, crossed the median and hit an 18 wheeler coming the other way. Dalyn is a wonderful, caring person. Dalyn is the lady in Wisconsin that took Daniel for respite care a few years ago and Daniel lived with them for 4 months. She did a lot to try and help Daniel, but things did not work out for them. I am so sad for her.
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear this news. Tragic and very sad. Didn't they ahve a lot of kids too? Or foster to help? You mention "D" how is he doing? If you don't mind me asking.
Post a Comment