We had a nice long 3 day weekend. The weather started off pretty cold on Saturday and appropriately, we went to the ice festival in the loop. We had never been before, not even when we lived close to there. Even though it was chilly, there were loads of people there. Ben was having a sleepover with Jan & Julie, so we just had Maggie with us. We left Maggie with a friend of hers in Fitz's and so Sam & I walked around on our own a little bit. Honestly, I thought it was a bit disappointing & really just another excuse to drink!!!!
I went to see Girl with a Dragon Tattoo on Saturday night. Went with one of Maggie's friend's mothers and Sam stayed home with the girls & played hide-and-seek and monopoly with them-he really is a saint!!!!
We had a weekend filled with the City Museum since we went on both Sunday and Monday. We went with different sets of friends on each day and were in different places each day, so it didn't even feel like being in the same place at all. I did really well with resisting their pizza, cookies and lattes on both days, just watched the kids enjoying themselves!!!
Spent a long time in the World Aquarium with Maggie, she especially loves the doctor fish eating the dead skin off her hands-I can't bear it myself......
Here's Maggie with the sloth......
All-in-all a good weekend filled with a lot of fun. By the end of Monday it was in the mid 60s. The weather is really swinging back and forth these days!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment