Monday, February 27, 2012

My paleo challenge

Just finished a 6 week diet based on the paleo plan (no grains, dairy, processed foods).  Did a strict diet for 30 days, then started adding back a few things to make life bearable.  The whole diet is based on eating meat, fish, vegetables and fruit.  You can eat whatever fat you want, just no grains at all.  I had been skeptical about it for a while, but it works for Sam & I was cooking that way at night anyway.  I joined a challenge at Sam's gym and started on January 11.  I stuck to it no matter what was around me-just can't resist a challenge.  At the end of it, I lost 8.8 lbs, trimmed 2 inches off my hips/belly measurements and improved my "athletic" performance by 50%.  I won the challenge too!!!!
To keep me going and try to stop me falling off the wagon, I started a new blog.  I'm going to keep track of what works and what doesn't, list my favourite recipes and use it as a way to remind me of how much I can do if I really put my mind to it.
Feel free to follow if you'd like to.
http://livingwithpaleo.blogspot.com/

No comments: