Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Living Museum, Part II

Now that Maggie is in 3rd grade, it's her turn to do the Living Museum for Presidents' Day.  Ben did it 3 years ago (check here) and he was George Washington.  Not to be outdone, Maggie told her teacher that she wanted to have a white wig and so she chose to be James Madison.  Of course, I knew nothing about it until she got into the car yesterday and said "Mum, you have three days to get my costume ready for the President's Day thing"  I had no idea who she even was, so I had to run around and get a costume together for her.  Luckily, we still had a wig and neck thing from when Ben did it 3 years ago.  So, we went to Goodwill and found a pair of black pants and a jacket for her.  I had to cut the sleeves off the jacket and take it in at the back so it doesn't fall off her, but it came out OK and wasn't a bad effort for an hour's work.

When she was practicing her speech today, we had this conversation.
Maggie: My name is James Bond
Me: What's your name Maggie?
Maggie: James Madison.
Me: Yes Maggie, don't say you are James Bond.
Maggie: Oh, I keep getting James Madison and James Bond mixed up
Me: Easy to do Maggie......

No comments: