Sam and I did the rowing competition this weekend. Sam did it last year and I thought I might as well give it a go. We had to wait around a long time because they were running way behind. Plenty of time to warm up and stretch out.....
This is how Crossfitters warm up!!!!
Me ready to do my heat (at this point I was hoping I could finish and not puke!!)
I finished in 9:49.7. I was really disappointed because I wanted to do 9:45. I just could not pick up the pace at the end like I had wanted to do. I was by far the slowest one of the whole day, by a long way. Still, I went and competed, and finished and DID NOT PUKE!!!!
Maggie was happy to hug me at the end....
Sam and Ryan (in matching shirts!) waiting to start their heat.
Sam did a great job, he wanted to finish in under 7 minutes, but missed it by 2 seconds. We both have something to aim for next year
They looked pretty tired at the end of the row
Sam won his category (second year in a row)
Maggie did the kids' race at the end. There was just her and a boy about Ben's age. They rowed 300 m and she did a really good job. They gave all the kids a medal, so I was the only one in the family that didn't get one!!!
This was the Crossfit 26 rowing team. We got 5 medals, not a bad showing.....
No comments:
Post a Comment