Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Shaw Nature Reserve

Spring arrived suddenly in St. Louis and we decided to go to Shaw Nature Reserve on Sunday afternoon.  They had taken the cover off the tepee and Ben had to scratch his name in the dirt inside it!!!
They both love the prairie house.  I don't think they can wrap their heads around the fact that people used to live in houses that small!!!
The water in the river was FREEZING!!  I walked into it for a short while but my feet couldn't even get numb enough to not be painful!!  Of course, Ben and Maggie waded around in it for ages.
Ben built a seat for me on the beach
They love to play football at Shaw, it's about the only place they do play it.
Ben found this shell in the river and found a bunch of very cool rocks. 
This is a great picture of Maggie sitting on the rocks
The primary reason we went to Shaw was so we could see the daffodils-OK, that was my primary reason for going!!!!
There wasn't much flowering yet and the trees are still pretty bare, but I found these really pretty flowers.  I suspect they could be weeds though!!!!
We had our usual picnic by the lake after we got back.

No comments: