We ran the Stan Musial Bridge run on Saturday morning. It was a 6K run because his Cardinals number was 6. The bridge was officially opened to traffic yesterday, so they had a run, bike time trial and opened the bridge to the public on Saturday afternoon. It had snowed (yet again) on Friday night and we were very close to not doing the run, but it would have been a missed opportunity to be on the bridge and we have done many runs in awful weather this Winter. I am so glad we decided to just go ahead and do the run, the weather wasn't anything like as bad as I thought it might be. Even though it was cold, it wasn't windy at all and they had done a pretty good job of clearing the streets, it was pretty slushy in some places, but not much ice anywhere. We timed getting to the race perfectly, as we walked up they started the timer, so we just got in line and ran with everyone else. It was great because we didn't have to stand around in the cold at all. We just had time to take out "before race" picture.
I took a couple of photos when I was on the bridge, but didn't want to stop for too long. This was taken from the East side of the bridge, you can see the ice on the river.
I took this picture of the runners, really just so I could get a picture of the bridge
People standing around at the Start/Finish line....
We look just as happy at the end as we did at the beginning. It was a great run
My time was pretty good for a 6K run. My time was a little better on the way back than on the way out, there was a short part of the run where you had to run uphill to get onto the bridge, it must have made the difference in the time. I'm really not very good at running up any kind of an incline.
My goal for 2014 is to do a run every month. January and February are out of the way, now I just need to find a run in March.

No comments:
Post a Comment