Sunday, May 25, 2014

Last week of school 2014

Wow, what a whirlwind week. Combination of Sam being out of town and last week of school.  The kids had all kinds of things going on all week.  I spent the whole week driving in and out of the garage!!!!
Maggie had her last gymnastics session on Monday.  We decided to pull her out, at least for a while.  I don't think she's enjoying it at all and she cheered when I said she didn't have to go back.
Ben had a band concert at Moss Field on Tuesday night.  They did a fantastic job.  7th grade played first and then 8th grade.  We went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream after the concert
On Wednesday night, Maggie had a Girl Scout trip to the Botanical Gardens.  We found out 5th cake.  Only 245 left to go!!!!
We were dodging the rain, so the girls did an information program inside before we went out for a tour of the garden.
The irises are the best I have ever seen.  A benefit of the cold Winter-they are all blooming at the same time
I don't know what these are, the look like a type of ornamental onion and they are spectacular
The Girl Scouts sitting on the sheep!!!!
The lego exhibit starts this weekend.  We saw a couple of pieces but most of them are in the Climatron
Maggie had a softball game on Thursday night.  She still steps out of the base when the ball comes to her, but actually managed to get a hit on Thursday.  She's got all the moves that she sees on TV (apart from the swing!!)
The last day of school rolled around and they brought home all their school stuff.  Honestly, there's always so much of it and it takes for ever to plough through it.  I want to just dump it all in the recycling without looking at it!!!!  Ben filed most of his, he'll probably never look at it again!!!!!
He has an awful lot of books by his bedside for someone who doesn't like to read....
The peonies are fantastic this year.  I always cut them and bring them inside, unfortunately they don't last very long.
So, now we have an 8th grader and a 5th grader.  They will be Top Dog at school next year!!!!

No comments: