I think everyone knows how much I love San Diego. Some people have answered "oh, I couldn't live there, I'd miss the seasons" Really? You'd miss the brutal Winters and sweltering in the red hot Summer?????" Not me-give me 70 degrees and sunny every day. However, on this 6 day trip, we went from 50 to 93 degrees-I think that's a good enough season swing for anyone!!!! Took this couple of pics the first day we were there, you can see how cloudy it was and it even rained a little bit
This was taken from the top of the Convention Center, our crazy hotel is on the right. We had some very interesting stories after staying at this hotel. I think we (John) picked it because it was a little cheaper than some of the others, but across the street from the Convention Center. However, it should NEVER be listed as a meeting hotel. First, they messed our room reservation up and Shannon and I were in a room with a single bed. They brought us a roll away bed, but it was horrible and Shannon had a sleepless night. When I asked about moving rooms, they told me they had nothing available. Eventually, Shannon said she was going to talk to them and she read them the riot act. Amazingly, they found us a room!!!!
Our new room was overlooking the pool, where they had a huge drunkfest on Sunday afternoon!!!! What a contrast in one place-conference attendees and people passing out in one hotel!!!! Luckily, the party was over at 7 and they cleared everyone out immediately, but it was quite an interesting afternoon.
Shannon and I went to tour Midway on Monday afternoon, it was really interesting to see. I can't imagine being on it out in the middle of the ocean.
We found this huge statue on the Embarcadero
Oh, we did some work too (actually, we did A LOT of work!!). Janhavi even flew down to see us, it was great to see her after so long
No comments:
Post a Comment