With all the chaos of moving, we are missing out on some beautiful Spring days. However, we got chance to relax for a little bit yesterday. Caroline arranged for us to go to brunch at a pop-up event (apparently, chefs rent out a restaurant for lunch or dinner. The chef is Caroline's boss's wife. They are from the Philippines, so it was "brunch with a Filipino touch". She has a food blog http://www.skiptomalou.net/. I am definitely going to check out some of the recipes when I get a chance. The food was so much better than I expected and the panna cotta dessert I had was the best dessert EVER!!!!
After we left, I saw the brain cake in Soulard, Sam very graciously drove around the block so I could take a picture. This is our #133
When we got home, we went for a quick walk in Tilles Park. The flowering trees are absolutely beautiful at the moment. I'm trying to get used to the thought that I won't have a garden this year....
No comments:
Post a Comment