Friday, January 22, 2016
Ben's IEP meeting
I had the first IEP meeting for Ben at Brentwood this week. They say he is doing really well. They are ready to "let him off the leash" and get rid of his services altogether. They don't think he needs them any more. Of course, he is still behind with some things and definitely needs to improve in some areas, but some of that is him figuring out how to do that. He is a very good advocate for himself. His downfalls (have never changed) are that he works through things quickly and then doesn't check over it afterwards. As one teacher said "he wants to get it done rather than do it right" That is something he needs to figure out for himself. We have a semester to see how he does and if he's still doing as well as now then he can change his schedule to get rid of the support. They suggested that he does an academic lab after chemistry next semester. It's run by the chemistry teacher, so he can help Ben with chemistry and math if he needs it. I hope it works out, Ben will need to be independent to move on to what he wants to do. He still wants to go to medical school. It's a lofty goal and one I hope he achieves if he truly wants to do it. If he gets there, it'll be more than I could do....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment