The planters outside are absolutely beautiful. Ben said "oh mum's taking photos already..."
We decided to walk around the opposite way to our usual way. I found these planters close to the fountain at the entrance. Mum would say they were nice, but just green!!! Looking at mum's garden, I can see why she says you need colour
I have always loved this Chupungu statue
Ben, Maggie and I had a competition to take the perfect photo. I thought this was pretty close
The lily pond was nice and quiet
This is the pond that the dry riverbed runs into
They are renovating the gatekeepers house and doing a fabulous job of it
They have planted the pincushion gardens with succulents instead of the huge plants they usually have in them-this is what they were originally designed to beThe flower borders around the observation tower are lovely this year-need to remember this combination
The Bavarian garden way at the back of the property is hardly ever visited. Very few people venture back here.
Maggie and Arline posed outside the Bavarian house
We found this statue way, way at the back on the gardens, never been back there before
and there was a tribute to 9/11 back there too
Some of the trees are already starting to turn. Tried to get an "artistic" photo with the different coloured leaves!!!!
Serenity garden with bridge in the background
Nice bulrushes in a pond in the Japanese garden. I'm wondering if there would be enough water in our rain garden to support these
Maggie and Ben taking pictures of the bees on the zinnias
No idea what they were talking about here, but it was pretty intense!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment