Ben and I took a quick trip to England to see the family. I had warned him that it wouldn't be a holiday as such and that a lot of the time would be sitting around talking to people, but he insisted that he wanted to come with me. I'm so glad that he came, I really needed him around for the company. He was so excited about flying. We flew to Newark and then on to Birmingham
Ben took this picture out of the window-flying above the clouds
Waiting in Newark for 4 hours before our Atlantic crossing
Ben developed a taste for English coffee
No trip to England would be complete without fish and chips from the local chip shop!!!!
Rich took Ben to see Forest play. It was a good game-7 goals!!!!
Picture outside the pub
.....and one in the stands
Always got to get a few pictures of mum's beautiful garden
Ben went away with Marie and Co for a couple of days to Gloucestershire. They went to a crocodile farm while they were thereWe stayed with Rob and Teresa while we were there-they have more room than anyone else. This is the view from their house-I had forgotten how much of the surrounding countryside you can see from their house
We went out for dinner with Marie and John. Ben had fish and chips and then this yummy chocolate trio for dessert
John had a cheese plate-he looks very happy with it!!!
We spent a lot of time in hospitals. Ben learned first hand the pluses and minuses of the NHS system!!!!
On our way back home-didn't waste any time getting our first Starbucks!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment