I had some gazanias left after I had planted the pots on the front and so I planted them in my perennial bed, they have done so well, they are amazing (and the rabbits haven't eaten them yet....)
These are Missouri primrose-are a native-and look lovely first thing in the morning. The ones at MBG are huge, so they may end up bigger than what I wanted.
I have lots of milkweed, several different kinds, that I planted for the monarchs-hope we get to see some.
The lady at Garden Heights told me to plant this calamint if I wanted to attract the bees-it definitely works!!!!
This wild petunia is a little crowded out by the calamint, but seems to be doing OK. I planted three last year, but only 2 survived
My herb garden. Hoping to get this established. Sam has plans to try to keep everything alive this winter......
The rain garden is doing well. It hasn't really had a chance to fulfill its function yet because of our lack of gutters. I suspect I planted it incorrectly since I planted on the sides rather than where the rain should run. The soil is so poor there (and the rubble from the pool is just under the surface) that we have to water it constantly. It may need some tweaking, but hopefully will survive.....
My mint is in this huge pot in the middle. It's looking very lush right now. Bloodflowers are in my coal shuttle-something else that didn't get in the ground this year because of the construction. I also bought a new bay tree since my old one died this past winter....
Sam's BeeBee trees-not very big yet, hopefully the grow quickly!!!!
Flowers around the rain barrel (who is still waiting for rain....)
1 comment:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\everything looks good in the garden I thhink your climate must be changing as in past years everythind got frazzled
Post a Comment