Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ben and Jane England trip 2018, Day 7

I wanted Ben to see Warwick Castle while we were in England. It was my favourite place to visit for a long time, but I was a little disappointed when we went.  It has turned into a bit of a fun park-with a large family destination tacked onto it.  It was almost like Disneyland with its attractions, food stalls etc.  Honestly, it is good enough with its original structure and all the history associated with it.  I was so disappointed when we got there and was quite shocked at the entrance fee they charge now.  Still, we had driven for over an hour to get there and I really did still want Ben to see it, so I persuaded him that it really would be worth it to go inside.  This is the entrance to the castle
Views from the ramparts
Ben on the rampart
Arrow hole in castle wall
View of Warwick from the castle wall
River Avon
Ben on the wall
Looking down into the entrance
Thistles in the gardens
Window detail
Down by the river Avon
 Eastgate
 Lord Leycester Hospital

No comments: