Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Day 2019

Well, I feel like I waited until the last minute to do everything this year, but eventually, I got everything done.  I guess I could have moved the stinky shoes from under the Christmas tree!!!!
 I even set the table on Christmas Eve so that I didn't need to do it while I was cooking
 Sam and I got up at our usual time-long before Ben and Maggie surfaced.  Maggie got up around 8 and just went straight for the TV as usual.  Ben never grows out of Christmas though, and was all about it once he dragged himself out of bed!!!!
 Ben passed all the presents out to everyone.  This was the first year he had bought something for everyone and he was very anxious to hand them out and get a verdict
 Ben bought Maggie a Jack-Jack Pez dispenser
 And he bought her this shirt, she hasn't taken it off since!!!!
 We bought Maggie this jacket-hopefully she will wear it !!!!
 Sam wanted a hat to keep his head warm in the cold weather!!!!  He wears it rather well.....
 Ben looks like it's all a serious affair!!!!
 Ben bought me an absolutely beautiful designer skirt, but it was way too short for me.  He sees me as a 20-something, 6 ft, 100 lb supermodel!!!!  I am always talking about how old I am and how I need to lose weight etc.  He always replies "oh mum, you're not old/fat/etc"  I need to remember that he sees me as doing no wrong and I should not talk badly about myself.
The weather was beautiful again this year-almost 70 degrees.  Ben sat outside on the patio sunbathing..
 Ben, Maggie and I went for a walk around Creve Coeur lake while Sam went bike riding
 Jan and Julie came for dinner.  We sat outside on the patio for a while, such a nice thing to do on Christmas Day
Yet another successful year

No comments: