Sunday, December 15, 2019

December trip to MBG

Ben is home for the holidays and so he came with me to meet Arline at the Botanical Garden (he did point out this is two visits in a row!!!)  It was really cold, so I could not drag the grumbling twosome around too far, but I did get them into the Linnean House to see if any of the camellias were blooming yet.  Actually, this one was perfect, very few dead flowers around and lots of blooms
It was so cold that the "7 swans-a-swimming" were swimming in ice!!!
My photo vantage point for the tree was roped off, so I had to make do with a different angle this month
We went in the climatron and temperate house-always good options for the winter months
I'm pretty sure these flowers were all white when we were last in there
The Gardenland Express was really quiet-I guess that's the advantage of it being cold-no one wants to come out and wander around outside!!!  The theme this year is a Victorian Christmas, I really liked the posies in the trees
It was a lot more open this year (or is it lack of crowds???!!!)
And a lot of new exhibits, which was nice
Arline even managed to get a photo of Ben and me!!!  That's rare.....
Meanwhile, the wintry weather continues.....

No comments: