Saturday, February 7, 2009

Clothing

One of my pet peeves is the lack of clothing options for boys and the insane excess for girls. This makes it so much easier to buy girls clothes as is evidenced by my experience this morning.
I was sorting out clothes for school next week (I get them ready for Sam to distribute each day) and there are no pants at all in Ben's drawer. I am going to have to wash everything from last week before I can pack for him for next week!!! This prompted me to look to see just how many pairs Maggie had and I found that she has 22 pairs of spare pants!!!! This is in excess of what is still in the laundry. She also has a stash of shirts, jackets, etc. Most of Ben's pants are second hand and have rips in the knees. I really must get him some new ones this weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Katie and Pete said...

We have exactly the same issue! Also, what I cannot figure out is how EVERY pair of Luke's jeans get holes in the knees once he turned 5. He old me he slides in gym class?? I feel badly sending him to school in holey pants, but I cannot buy new pants every other month either. Uuuggghh.