Saturday, February 7, 2009

Third time's a charm.....

I finally managed to get Ben's GH shot right last night-third attempt. The first time was a complete failure. The second time, I ditched the needle guard and did much better, but I don't think I depressed the plunger properly and nothing got injected. Last night, everything worked well. Unfortunately, Ben has joined the ranks of children that say the Nutropin formulation stings. Apparently, it's the preservative they use and so it doesn't get any better. Once again, we have to ask ourselves why on earth we had to change medication. We had the same problem with Daniel's ADHD medication when the insurance changed the formulary and we switched from Metadate to Concerta. Even though in theory they should be the same and have the same effects, there are subtle changes that make a huge difference to a child. Of course, the medical insurance companies don't care about any of that. Still, our statement from last year shows that the insurance company paid $18,000 for Ben's GH shots & he only started in June, so we can't complain too much.....

No comments: