Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ben's Summer school report

Ben had a great time in Summer school. I really think that if he could go to school for 3 or 4 hours a day & had no homework, that he'd be happy to go every day year round-hey, that's an idea....
I think it really helped him this year, I have noticed subtle advances in his reading and his ability to add things up in his head. He also got a really good report, his reading teacher even said he was hard working!!! It sounds like he really made an effort to contribute to the classes. I told him that he got a really good report and he immediately said "that means I get my Super Mario DS game". I had promised him that I would buy him the game if he worked hard all Summer, but I had completely forgotten about it. It's funny how kids never forget some things...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Since I've been home with the girls on FMLA, I've been doing school with the boys every morning. It's amazing how much it has helped them! I wish it was something we could do every summer!