Saturday, August 29, 2009

back in the routine

We finished the first full week of school and it already feels like we were never off for the Summer at all. I picked up, or was in charge of, one or more of Ben's friends every night that I picked Ben & Maggie up from school. Ben's 2nd grade teacher who calls out the names of kids that are picked up just asks me "how many are you taking tonight?" when he sees me now. On Monday night, we had a PTO meeting and I was voted in as the co-vice president. On Thursday night we had the school open house. On Friday night I had a meeting to organize the scout calendar for the next year. I had forgotten how busy the school year can be!!!

5 comments:

Katie and Pete said...

You go girl! Vice President of the PTO... next thing you know you will be wearing Capris... Sounds like you off to a good start to teh school year.

Anonymous said...

You're off and running! There's no looking back once you get into it like this! Have fun!!
Shauna

Jane said...

Katie-I bought 2 pairs of capris this Summer, I'm doomed.....

Katie and Pete said...

Oh no, you have gone over the edge. I'll never forget you telling me your theory on capri pants and middle aged women!

Jane said...

There's nothing sadder!!!!!!