Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

Christmas morning, up at 7 am!!!!  What could be better than finding a large tube of Skittles in your stocking?  Nothing, apparently.....
Greta got up with Ben and Maggie at 7 am, opened her presents and went back to bed.  We didn't see her again until after 1 pm!!!!!
Maggie's major present-a Furby.  She loves it and carries it everywhere
Got Ben an "Egyptian secrets" box
Another break from tradition-we didn't have turkey for dinner.  Ben has had stomach ache every time we have had turkey recently and I suspect he might be allergic to it.  He wanted to try having turkey again, but when I was in Sam's Club, I found beef tenderloins and decided to have this for dinner instead.  Sam grilled it, despite it being below freezing outside-he's such a star!!!!
It was absolutely delicious, Sam did a perfect job with it
Jan and Julie brought a mountain of presents of course!!!!
They bought Maggie a drum!!!!
I suspect that Ben does not believe in Santa any more, although he hasn't actually said it.  However, he has been really good about not saying anything to Maggie and has actively encouraged her to believe in Santa if she has been around our discussions.  We decided not to buy Ben and Maggie too many presents this year and we bought a family gift, a new TV!!!  It came with an Xbox which Sam has connected to the old TV which has now moved downstairs.  It was a great Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

Haddock said...

That Egyptian mask is cool.
Yes Kids grow up fast and they know, but pretend, for the fear of "what if Santa won't give the next year, now that I know"

Jane said...

That's what I did!!!