Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Highway update
My first day traveling without H40 was not too bad. I left work early to get Ben and made it between work and the house in a little over 20 minutes, so it took me about as long as in the morning. I can tell some of the streets are a little busier than they were previously, but it's not too bad right now. Of course, a lot of the schools were out because of the weather yesterday, so there were no school buses around and it is close to the holidays, so we probably won't get a good feel of the traffic until after the New Year. the new stretch of highway is very nice and the interchange between 40 and 170 is great. I can also tell that the on and off ramps are much better. However, our McKnight on-ramp didn't last long. When I went to work this morning, there were 3 police cars parked on the on-ramp and someone has already taken out the metal barrier. I presume they had enough car left to take off as there was no car on the ramp & I don't think it was over on the highway. When I drove home, I was not as lucky as the day before as it took me 35 minutes to get to Ben's school. Forest Park Parkway is at its limit and it took me 7 minutes just to get through the lights at FFP and Skinker. I can see that it is going to be a more difficult year for travel this next year, but hopefully still not too bad. It should be commute Nirvana when H40 opens up for good.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw that on the news this morning!
Post a Comment