Sunday, December 21, 2008
Maggie's development assessment at Parents as Teachers
This post is a little late as we have been bogged down by many other things going on around us, not least of all the impending holidays. However, I took Maggie two weeks ago to have her assessed at P-a-T. We feel that she has some delays compared to her peers and since we are hoping to start her in kindergarten in August, we want to see if we can get her some help through SSD to work on some of the things that she needs help with. As we suspected, her P-a-T assessment shows that she is at a 3 year old level with some things such as letter recognition and numbers. Her speech is also delayed. She was sufficiently behind that she can be referred to SSD for evaluation. We were in the same position last year and then she had an epiphany at the SSD appointment and did not qualify for services. I think she's going to do the same again as all of a sudden she seems to be doing so much better with her speech and vocabulary. I will try to coach her in the liberal use of "I don't know" before her appointment. However, this year they will be testing at a more advanced level than last and there should be no way she'll have a giant leap forward with counting or her letters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment